Sunday, March 20, 2016

Would I Consider That?

This week at my internship I got to have a very interesting conversation with some unexpected people. My desk mate is nearly finished with her internship position and is, therefore, applying to other positions within the company. The two ladies that she was speaking with about a position happened to stop by our desk this week. I managed to have a little conversation with them myself.
At first, they were simply asking the polite and general question every student at the stage I am at in my college career gets. However, their reactions to my answer, for instance my answer on what I would like to do once I'm out of school, were unexpected. The one woman was the head of a completely different department than the one I am currently in, however, she happened to know of ways to get me connected with the department that I could potentially be interested in: the human resources/public relations departments. She gave me a little information on where those positions were normally stationed, New York and Atlanta Georgia, and how they worked within and without the company. She then mentioned possibly reaching out to me in the future if she heard of any potential openings; needless to say I was grateful and surprised. However, this occurrence caused me to begin considering elements or my more immediate future than I had been; like asking the question, do I really wish to stay in the corporate world. Therefore, while this chance interaction may end up being an opening for an opportunity, it, at the very least, was an instance that caused me to consider some things I had not been thinking about concerning my position at First Data. It was enough to make me at least ask: "would I consider that?" about a few things.

No comments:

Post a Comment